Poetry

Friday 2 October 2020

Don't look now

 Don't look now,

But the street is far behind

We have left mother earth

And are in space you'll find

Its a long way down there

For you and all mankind

Just be glad you have found her

As eternity is a bind


The quarantine is over,

Now its back again

In and out of cages

Faster than round the bend

Its a murderous intention

An itch I have to scratch

To find the key holders pocket

And each hour check the watch

What can we be if not trees

Letting down our vines

The leaves will fall also so free

As Autumn finds her climes

And accommodates us in her bosom

Mother nature's nest

I've been let down

The planet's sold

And I must find my rest


I take stock of the photographs

And handle table legs

The varnished slides and phonographs

Of times of broken eggs

And if I dropped the juggling balls

It was because I saw her beg

And the ghost of her came through the wall

On a thousand China pegs


No comments:

Post a Comment