Poetry

Friday 11 September 2020

Wandering

 And Mercury came suddenly,

And Saturday did sluice

Into the old rapsodies

Of a summer and its juice

Through the water melon gateways

Rolled the conquered goose

Ridden by an elf or a goblin anyways

He didn't suffer any fools


I should have held you like a candle

A loft as a guiding light

Instead I let you be my handle

And turn my days to night


I had to escape your clutches

I had to escape your farm

Get away from Chiken hutches

And women doing me harm


I know we all harbour

Our good intentions

To rest

But what becomes of the forest farmer

When his words

Fail in  lifelessness?


He must move on to pastures new

He must plough the green highways

There is more to do under the sun

Than stay put at home anyways


So I am off I make a beginning

I venture

Where others have roamed

But it's all not the same

To be in the game

You must wander far from your home 

No comments:

Post a Comment