Poetry

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Kingfisher versus Robin

Kingfisher:
I'm the king of the fishers huh
The blue, blue, electric blue
All you other bad wishers, huh
Don't know what's coming to you

I'm gonna fish hook ya, yeah
I'm gonna spit ya with my bill

Then I'm gone in a flash
This is quick cash
Money talks and I ain't got time to kill

Robin:

Well, yeah you're king of the fishers
But I'm the spirited gnome
I've got garden work
No time to talk
With a blue bird from a broken home

You think that your kingdom matters huh?
Well mine is a veritable trove
I've got treasure in every corner
And they know when the Red breast roves

KingF:

Sure, you beat your breast
You got red, they say you got spunk
But that ain't worth a damn
Against my blue crest
You better get ready to make my day punk
Carry on bleating like a little white lamb

Robin:

Hey you streak of blue
Did someone spoil your day?
You think that you're in some kind of wizard crew?
Well I don't believe in your magic, no way!

Go on get away with the other charlatans
The other medicine men with your wings of clay
Go on, live in your mud stick house
You'll find your throne crumbles
One of these days

King F

The house of Fisher is gonna live on
Robin, you better hear what I say
Take your little red song
And try to sing along
I'm running this show
In my Blue Note Café

Robin

Eat your heart out you blue goat
Old man of the river some say
Well I say its a cloak of many colours
But underneath you're just plane grey
So get over your dish water
Go and fish for your knife and spoon
There's no food in your café worth the eating (you're a scrap man)
Mr Grey, no customers are coming back soon

King F

Don't you know I'm the thunderbird
I'm like a lightening strike
I'm gonna cast you asunder
Red bird - ain't you heard
What I have said on the Mic

You will be dancing
While I throw my lightening bolt spikes
All your words are just glancing
But now my storm is gonna put an end to your like

Robin

I'm like a dancing boxer
I'm gonna jump out of your way
You know I'm fast like a red foxer
And I'm snarlin' all of the way

You fall down from the skies
Well down on the ground I'm the Winter King
Don't you know who I fight dies
When they face me in the ring




No comments:

Post a Comment