Poetry

Thursday 20 August 2020

I want all the time we got

I don't need sugar

I don't need cold or hot

But what I need most of all

Is all the time we got


So give me your honey

Don't give me your money

Give me yes but don't tie me in a knot

Because you might think it's funny

But what I want is all the time we got 


Give me your wisdom

Don't give me your gold

Let me have freedom, I'm tired of being told

What I can do, and what I cannot

I just want all the time we got


Help me out somedays

When I need it most

Just like a good friend, don't act like a ghost

I want to see you, we fell in love on the spot

Now I want all the time that we got


I'm trying to remember, where I might have seen you before

Perhaps it was in the movies or outside somebody's door

They're looking for you most ways, like it or not

So now I just want all the time that we got


I've been hiding, but now I'm tired of all that

Tired of running, and changing my hat

You can trust I love you not for what you are, but for what you're not

And I just want all the time that we got

No comments:

Post a Comment