Poetry

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Some lines

 She had good ideas about unusual careers

She was right on the ball and on track

She took no heed of fears, and after some beers

There was very little she did lack


She went straight for the throat, there was nothing to gloat

She was as happy on her feet as on her back

And she went to the school of hard knocks

She was raised to crush rocks

And to look for hidden treasures in the cracks


She learned ballet, in her muse in her own way

She said she couldn't lose what she never had

And it was hard to say, if I loved her that day

Or if I did choose to do good over bad


She thought I was romantic, she said frankly You're Atlantic

You're like the gap of blue between two land masses 

You just act so frantic and I know you are up to your usual antics

When I see you trading oil and insults in Bagdad


Oh it was a beautiful sight

So wrong and yet right

To see her fight the Pandas

In her local forest at night


But if I told her once, then I told her twice

It's illegal to eat wild things

But they taste so nice!


Draw a line on the map

Sit down on my lap

I'll tell you how far you need to go

It's like I lost my needle

Somewhere in your haystack

And you need to search in the proverbial bush to get it back


No comments:

Post a Comment