Poetry

Sunday 6 May 2018

Jumping

I am a model of uncommon sense
It is not sensible to model yourselves on me
I am a frog who likes to hug trees
Do not leap into the dark like me

I am a turtle who hides in his shell
When the bombs start falling
And the world goes to hell
Do not do the same
Do not swim with sharks
You are likely to get bitten
once or twice you will not be shy
You'll die!

Do not be brave my friend you see
The whole wide ocean of discovery
Awaits outside your window for you
To be free
Do not follow me
Do not follow me

The land of milk and honey
Began to run quite runny
And the painter's palette slipped away
The Palestinian laughed
Because he could not telegraph
A penny saved is a penny halved
And all the witches took their scarves
And wrapped around them swathed and swayed

No comments:

Post a Comment