Poetry

Thursday 29 December 2016

I saw a falling star

I saw a falling star
And bit my lip
My heart beneath your scar
It gave a skip
And all the glass jars
Began to slip
The night I saw a falling star
I bit my lip

In the place of a kettle drum
To the hanging halls of Kingdom come
The sallow Queen wipes her brow
Thinks of her place in heaven now

Well she fell
Oh yes she fell
You oughta known it might’ve happened
The day I crossed your path

For the morrow, yeah tomorrow
Is like a star yet risen
And tonight, we hold tonight
In between teeth tightly bitten

I saw a falling star
This morning
While the world was early turning
And the waves pulled by the tide
Rose up, let go as one who has cried

Tomorrow, yeah tomorrow
The West is there to borrow
In the east are presents burning
From the Sun whose star is yearning

To be falling like you too

No comments:

Post a Comment