Poetry

Saturday 17 December 2016

I don't think of you that much anymore

I don’t think of you that much anymore
I am in the merry-go-round world of rich and poor
Some folks find happiness, like an open door
But me, it’s like when I hear “such and such”
No I don’t think of you much anymore

I see the painted skies turn black
Then turn back into day
I see the crowded subway trains,
Change passengers then drift away

I see the birds flock in the sky
I wish I were a bird so I could fly
But why, oh why? I don’t need to cry
As I don’t think of you much anymore

I don’t think that much about you anymore
I don’t think that love will come knocking on my door
Now when I see you it’s to say
Hello, good bye, then I walk away
There’s someone somewhere waiting for me I’m sure
I don’t think of you much anymore

I know scientists have discovered new cures for diseases
But love sickness and the blues
Just leave me with blackened bruises

And if you say it’ll work today
I’ll jump out of bed and cry hooray!
Because it’s not broken bones they need to cure
But love’s cool words that cut and tore
But I don’t think of you that much anymore

The fire flies of night are bold
They fly their tales like in stories told
Of knights in colours defeating the black
Well I can still believe you might be coming back
But I don’t need to go and do that chore

As I don’t think that much about you anymore 

No comments:

Post a Comment