Poetry

Tuesday 20 December 2016

River Queens

I wandered as pale as a sheep
Afraid of sleep
Of death
As a nettle amongst sick roses
Falling over myself in unspoken morose(s)
Witching the ‘you’ tree beside the Yang river
Which sang Ying as a shiver on a ghost
It began to believe in the God seed
But Jack high on speed ran it up the post

I wandered, a grief I knew not where from
Betrayed me like a mirror to a shadow
Respected no ill spectre of unforgiven love
Inspected all god pieces as if gold in a glove
She salmon pinked my insides
Yet stones I threw from the bridge
And watched the black water flow through
As if the stars had born you
And I had been waiting
All of my years
To catch a petal and let a stone go


So what ‘s the matter Queen Jane
The look of mercy is plain again
Ann of neck and sleeves is worn,
Her cares have Jasmine vipers bitten

And shy is smitten and sworn

No comments:

Post a Comment