Poetry

Monday, 27 July 2026

Buccaneer

 Well I went away on a ship of pride

But my sail buckled on my ride

I thought oh God how can I abide

So I sailed back to my bed where I lied


I played, I played and sang my lungs

But nothing, no sound did ever come

The quiet beckoned, I was succumbed

By which I wished I'd never sung


I lay, I lay and read with stories and words

And filled my soul with myth and swords

And loves of Gods and dreams of men

And women's beauty which had no ken


And even this, it lasted not long 

for no peace came to me in song

Just pain and suffering no balm could ease

The suffering of loneliness was my disease


The love went missing from father to son

Some lack of capture needed so long

Some hole left before time had begun

Before life had realized I was made wrong


No thought could muster

No home for the spirit

Am I cursed as Custer

To forever wander, not win it

The battle is over, I've lost that love

Whether the wars of heaven

Can call me above


I wish no more from this earthly realm

I can find no joy in mind nor body alone

And I look for nothing in anyone's eyes

If I had a shotgun I think it would tell no lies






No comments:

Post a Comment