Poetry

Wednesday 10 July 2024

Sheep town

 In this town 

It is full of holes

Watering ones

Full of water voles

Wooden ones 

With the weevils in boles

In this town of wool


Tumbleweed blew down the street

The sheep thought it was someone

they'd like to meet

So they all bleat

But the tumbleweed blows

All round the town

Full of it's holes


And the weeds grow up

Through the gutters and drains

And some have guts

And some have brains

And some had both

And they remained

In the town with wooly name


Some sheep the fold

In the card game

Cash in their chips

Look for someone to blame

Some have pockets full of holes

And they can't stop it

Keeping pulling the poles

At the extreme ends of town

Where the loose ends play


Time is black hole

I keep falling in

By the time it's over

I'll know where to begin

But in the meantime

I'll try to live without sin

Cause in this holy town

The wool is wearing pretty thin

And I can't keep getting it

pulled over my eyes

Like a wolf in sheep's clothing

I can't keep wearing a disguise

No comments:

Post a Comment