Poetry

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Looking upon a lake

 The spiders are weaving their webs

in the hide shutter window opened wide

Where the wind flows and ebbs

Like the haunted house of the jilted bride


The shield bug crawls on the side board

It thinks about hopping off overboard

Then crawls to my elbow, all is a rainbow

As varnish reflects the sun's glow

And the lake is a shield of glass

Reflecting the clouds as they pass

The greys and the blues of all different hues

These are the colours of time's mass


The shield bug has reached my wrist

he's climbed up my sleeve like a cliff

Will he reach my shoulder by the time I'm older

I really don't mind I'd give him a lift


The morning spiders are fishermen

Casting their nets in the wind

The flies are their fishes then

They'll catch them if visitors don't come in


I've come to see the fine lily

They're lying down in the valley

Like a Monet painting, but with no one curating

Unless the creator of all things


If my life is a carpet of lilies that I tread upon

It really is quite silly, to walk upon a duck pond

Now it could be a Marsh Harrier has come

She circles above everyone

The glassy lake reflects her flight

And I hope one day that I might 

Feel so graceful and strong

No comments:

Post a Comment