Poetry

Tuesday 28 May 2024

Factory patina

 Oh my factory patina

Oh my factory patina

Oh little star that shines

In that heart of mine

Oh my factory patina


Work 12 hrs a day

Just for the glory to give me my pay

Just for the story about me to say

How about it Senorita?


You want to dance on the factory floor?

You like my factory patina?

Shadows play on the factory wall

Where I park my Ford cortina


living on cider street

Living like an outsider

Always just out of reach

Living on cider street


Cars parked along the beach

Of this bobbing shore

vanilla ice cream clouds

In a pink blue sky's azure


Oh you like my factory patina

Well how about it Senorita?

Rosey apples shining sweet

All its juices running down the street

Dance in splashes of flashing feet

As laughter smashes up concrete

Living on cider street 


They made you in a darkened room

Compressed air and hydrogen balloons

All blown up with gas

Like a Zeppelin mass

Oh but you burnt so fine


Oh my factory patina

Just one coat on the boat

Where they're casting their vote

All to make the sun shine


Look at the shadows on the wall

They play like animals climb

This time of day in the sun's dying rays

Oh doesn't make your heart chime


Oh my factory patina

All the workers park cortinas

So how about it Senorita

Will you dance the factory line with me?

Up the conveyor belt of our dreams

Into the bottle of soda streams

Guzzling gas like limousines

I've got a rash feeling


Oh the red and the black

The red rust of night

In the lamp light

Black of the dust in the apple cart

That upset the boy

Who pulled the world apart

And ran about screaming 

His head off


And how about the green

On the cutting lawn

That little piece of wild

That made you laugh and yawn

In relaxation like a child

After the rising of the dawn

When the night has spun away its darkness


Oh factory patina

At the end of the world

When you can create no ark

To rescue boy or girl

From the encircling shark

That threatens to whirl

The whole thing apart

In a thrash and furl


And different kinds of cars

Just like jam jars

Full of sugar and lime


I ain't bitter no mama

I ain't no quitter either

I've got a heart that shines

In the rain and slime

As long as I'm with my factory patina

No comments:

Post a Comment