Poetry

Thursday 16 May 2024

Waver

I hesitate on the shore
The tide goes out
Then comes back for more
And I'm in doubt
And then I'm so sure
When I see you waving at me

Oh waver, waver lady luck
Waver in Waverly Hall
Waver like a hand
You play in a game
Waver like a tennis ball

First it's in my court
And then it's in yours
Oh is this a kind of sport?
I'm really not sure
When love is a waving game
It's now love- all
At a quarter to four
And I'm on the line serving
While you're the other end
Waving 
Crying out late call

Let, will you let me?
Forget? Never shall we
Deuce, by God
The Umpire stalls
Waving, waving
New balls! new balls!

Waver, waver lady
Waving me goodbye
Inside of a minute
I just want to cry
It's a crying shame
Love is a waving game
And the wave just passed us by

I'm waving at you
But I hear you sigh
Waver, waver, oh waver in favour
First you're standing
Next time you lie
But it's all in the truth
Of the contract in the sky
If it's waving at me
I know it's my turn
To die
Waving, waving
I waver, waving hello 
and while I'm waving goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment