Poetry

Thursday 14 December 2023

She's gone again

 She came

and now she's gone again

A long walk

In the blistering rain

A short leap

Does a leaf feel pain?

When it falls 

From its stem

But she's gone again


I used to look in the mirror

Of the sea

And sometimes I'd see

A mermaid staring back at me

But she came on the tide

And she left in the rain

It's been a good ride

But now she's gone again


My heart is a tanker

A floating on the ocean

And I don't know if I should

Thank her

For showing me such emotion

But I must pull into a dock 

To repair my hull and frame

I loved her when she came

But now she's gone again


I sat in the yard thinking so hard

My time had come and gone

Like a passing swan on a lake

And if I thought I'd done something wrong

Made some kind of mistake

Well I'd write her a song

From my prison

But the walls are too high to hear

Someone singing inside

And even if I hadn't cried

She'd have known I'd lied

Still I break the rocks until I'm freed

From these chains

I loved it when she came

But now she's gone again


A certain 

No comments:

Post a Comment