Poetry

Friday 7 October 2022

Small Talk

 What's the weather like?

What's the weather like?

How you doing?

What's the weather?

I bought a new car,

No you didn't

Yeah I bought a new car 

It's a Nissan

No you didn't

Yes I did

What's it like then?

Quite good.

How's your cat?

Yeah she's well

How's your cat?

Yeah I just said she's swell

No you said she's well.

Yeah and what's your problem?

Well that's no kind of answer... for a cat!

I mean she could be better I suppose, she seems pretty happy

all in all, she sleeps a lot.. Look,why so many questions?

It's called small talk

Oh cool, I'm down with that..

Are you? Because you don't seem that good at it?

I just need practice that's all.

Ask me something then?

How's the family?

Oh yeah, they're fine

That's nice.

Yeah it is, look what time does this meeting start?

5 minutes.

Oh God 5 minutes, look sorry I've got to go and make a cuppa, I'll be back.

Sure, no problem, leave me just like that.

Look we're just chatting, aren't we?

No we're making small talk, nothing's more important than that!

Oh I see, I didn't realize you felt like that about it.

Well I do.

Ok I won't leave you pal, no worries.

Ok thanks.

How's the weather there then?

Look sorry I've a call on the other line, I'll call you back.

Ok no worries, see you later.

Yeah, uh huh...

No comments:

Post a Comment