Poetry

Friday 29 April 2022

Lili pad song

 I decided to write you a song

Because I've loved you so long

It is called by the fooled

The mirrored halls

Or else Farewell to Strongness

I say good bye to being strong

I say let it go, let's be weak

Let down your hair

I will scale your walls

Let the bricks and stones

Come as they fall

Your pride it shall not stop me

I shall invade your stronghold

Surrender to me your castle

And join me in my fold

I want to lie beneath the sheets with you

I want to roll in the deep with you

I want to kiss and keep you

I  keep you close to me

It matters not how far I roam

You still are the heart that I call home

You are the place the feeling I own

Lily, lili I love you so

I wish for flowers and daises

Buttercups

Caught in the spring mazes

Hedges and vines where we may find time

To roam

I wish to laugh and be with you

And hold the light

That makes clear for you

The path we tread and the dead bones

For this life is just a fleeting tombe

I wish to write the pages down

The chapters of verse

THe speech of the crown

I wish to hold and rehearse The sound

But nothing could

Nothing could

Tear me away from you

No comments:

Post a Comment