Poetry

Tuesday 5 April 2022

It was late in the evening

 Oh, now the end is here

It is late and the serenades are playing

The woman I love

Is a far-off hailing

Calling me back to her?

Or to some other man

In the milieu of becoming

I'm not sure who I am

Except apart or with you there 

The guitar is strummed

And I feel the fear disappear

Only the comfort in sound

The music to my ears

And this is love

It is the throb of life

In other forms of art

Which we cannot touch yet are near

Far nearer than her love for me

far nearer than eternity

As time is a mirage on a swaying reed

Above a lake of becoming or suffering

I cannot tell which

And yet the serenade keeps playing

and somehow,

I know the switch

Has been turned

She has changed 

Has gone away

Or is it my fear that speaks in this way?

I only know what the wine says

Late in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment