Poetry

Sunday 6 October 2019

Some days are like these

I saw an egg in a cage
And it set all hell at peace
For nothing we expect
Comes as a release

I couldn't afford a car
So I kept a dinky toy on my shoulder
My mother said what you doing with that boy?
You should wait until you're older
But, I said, mother I'll soon be 99
They'll take away my license
I'll have to take the metro line

Some days are like these
Some days like these

The forest was walking through me one day
I could smell the pine in my socks
I put my trousers inside of my legs
So no one could see I had to wear clothes
I was covering up my un-nakedness

There was a man who stood up very short
His name was Eiffel
And then a tower saw him and thought
I'm going to climb him he looks like a trifle
What it hadn't expected was it had a fear of heights
And as soon as the tower got to his neck
It started to feel sick, and started to wobble
That will teach you said Eiffel to his tower
For being so arrogant for worldly power
No Idea constructed can be taller than a man
Then his wife came and kissed him
And he shrunk into the horizon

Some days are like these

No comments:

Post a Comment