Poetry

Tuesday 1 October 2019

The truth

Take this moment

Truth it comes so slow to me
Ah if only I had the eyes to see
But I am blind to what's in front of me
Truth it comes so slow to me

Others can see what I cannot
They get up and leave
At just the right moment
They do not dally to lend a hand
When they see I am a drowning man

Truth it comes so slow to me
What I lack in life is clarity
Others tell me to walk away
That I should never darken the doorway
But all that light turns into shade
When Truth it is so slow to me

But at last the light does dawn
The mansion is revealed
It floods the garden lawn
Every room is revealed inside
And I can see where I have hidden
My pride

Some how myself to me
Has been like this darkened monstrosity
This haunted house where her ghost haunts
But I've drawn back the curtains
The sun shines in through the vaults
And banished are her looks, her books
Banished those times of demise and rooks
Which lived in the upper tower
Have flown far away to some other power

My house is my own again
I live here in my home again
Every room is open
No door is barred
When something is spoken
Nothing gets broken or scarred
The Truth it is so slow to me
But truth at last did set me free

No comments:

Post a Comment