Poetry

Saturday 26 October 2019

Mars Day

Out  here on Mars
It's hard to make a living
All the culture Vultures
Are busy with their killing

Out here on Mars
They talk backwards too
In fact I told them I liked animals
And they locked my soul in a zoo

Its hot though and I like it
Strange it is to say
Like autumn hasn't touched us
We're sliding down the Milkyway

And I work with a lot of Martians
They are always building bricks and bombs
They say they're building an army
To take over Earth
Well its seems barmy
Hardly worth it
To me

You know the parade is on
The Carnival is tuning up
We have to March this way til Christmas
In case the Russians turn up
And if they do
We'll take their flag
And burn it up

It's hard you know, the burning
The atmosphere's so thin
They really don't get the joke at all
Its lucky they're all thick skinned

I keep my bell jar helmet on
All the Martian day long
I can't understand
What they say to me
The wires got crossed
Its all wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment