Poetry

Sunday 18 September 2022

Dirty Street

 Take me to the mountain

Take me apart

Like the rock may I never break

My heart

Take me to the mountain


Sweeping

Up on dirty street can be a 

Hard place to beat

Meeting crowds and passing feet

All walking down Dirty Street


I wish that I 

Didn't live here

Wish I didn't have this job

This town is getting me down

To the point where I nearly sob

On Dirty Street

In rainy town

Where the pigeons keep

Flyin around

And the seagulls beak speaks

A harsh sound

On Dirty Street in Shepton Town


I don't know if I'll ever get clear

It's gonna take a lot of running

To get out of here

Because the cops pull you over and 

Look at you queer

On Dirty Street

You've got something to fear


On Dirty Street

I'm cleaning up my act

I'm gonna get myself together

And file all my facts

And put all my ducks

Out in a nice neat row

On Dirty Street

With the bright rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment