Poetry

Thursday 2 June 2022

You say potato I say photo

 I took a photography and cookery night class at the local college. I hadn't done too well in school and had a habit of getting my words mixed up so I was a little worried about the essay writing, but I felt pretty confident on the practical side. So when I read the instruction to now cook the photo in the oven for 50 mins I thought perhaps it could have been a strange request for my end of year roll. On the other hand I was more than willing to dip my baking potato in sodium iodine and to hang it up in a dark room in order to develop it. the results were remarkable, I won the end of year photography prize, apparently my post modern take on potatography went down a storm. Moreover I did exceedingly well in the cookery competition in which I gained third prize for most developed photogenic food category, only pipped to the post by a half baked apple iPhone and a Samsung soufflĂ©. 

No comments:

Post a Comment