Poetry

Tuesday 24 November 2015

River Lundy

River Lundy

I miss the Lundy
The river of Lun
I miss the Summer
Funny Honey Bun

I miss the Blue Sky
The Lazy haze
And I miss Lundy and You

Mardi was a fine day
Mecredi too
Jeudi was okay
Vendredi was Blue
Still I miss the Lundy and You

All day I wonder
Oh what can I do?
I walk the dusty streets
Feed animals at the zoo
Each night I see shooting stars
Quite beautiful is true
Yet I may as well live on Mars
For still I miss the Lundy and You

The seals are singing alone in the bay
Sweet gulls are winging above a mermaid serenade
No more Ghosts are appearing
I’m not afraid of the shade
But I still miss one thing or maybe two
I miss the Lundy and You

Love is on the lips
Of lovers who kiss
Black bird is on the Rosehips
But there are still somethings I miss it is true
Yes I miss the Lundy and You

No comments:

Post a Comment