Poetry

Friday 10 February 2023

Buzz Aldrin's Wedding Poem - dedicated to Buzz

 I'm a moon monkey and not a Space Monk

And I'm gonna get married amongst all this space junk

There's no room to put anything

up on the moon

Yet it's full of these big holes

Where they grow space mushrooms


I want a honeymoon on the moon

I want to see you taste the honey

as it drips off the spoon


I can see stars in your eyes

And the sun through your dress

Reveals a new Earth rise


Can you paint me a picture from your room

After we've lived here a year

Tell me do you still have

Moon dust in your ears?


Don't you want to go for a moonwalk with me

We'll look into craters and eat space potatoes

And the lake of serenity will be our home

And the mountains of the moon

you can sweep up with a broom

And vacuum the moon dust in your hair


Speak sweet nothings to me on our Romantic walk

I think we are like the moon made of cheese and chalk


Birds are singing on the moon,

It's very quiet I can't hear their tune

There's not much atmosphere to speak of between us

But at least the lunar module will soon return us

Back down to earth

Where the air is clear

And I breath like a space monkey

With you my dear

No comments:

Post a Comment