Poetry

Thursday 12 August 2021

A picture of you

 And you are on the chair over there

And I am down on the street

And the photographs of a life laid bare

Are fluttering down at my feet

Oh these pictures of you

with your smile so sweet

Oh those pictures of you

And I thought it was a clean sweep


That I looked like your father

You had to laugh

That you reminded me of my mother

You tried not to gasp

That perspective keeps covering the same piece of glass

On the shoulder's of giants, like chips off the past

And hey you with your Soviet block

And your ice pick ready to heave and to chop

Off the last shadows in a sky of memories

And each is a picture, a picture of you


So now as I'm leaving down the avenue

The hot air balloons are sailing out through the blue

And the lakes  where we visited and you anchored your heart

On jetties where the waves washed your camera lens apart

And the aperture opened like a window

To your soul

And I saw freedom is only possible

If you have a good place to start

Like in those pictures, those pictures of you


No comments:

Post a Comment