Poetry

Monday 17 February 2020

Alienated Autopsy

I've had an alienated autopsy
They've taken a look inside my body and soul
The've put a camera up in endoscopy
Looked inside the blackest hole
They are a swapping my knees for a mummy
Tutankhamun's lost all control

I'm having an alienated autopsy
Everyone knows my business but I don't know their's
They spread it around the world
In glass cabinets
Marched me to top of liberty's stairs
They make a speech about my bones and flesh
They go out, leave me alone
I've had an alienated autopsy
And that's why tonight I'm staying home

In the midst of life we are in death
In the middle of this sentence, draw a breath
Every nerve of my body, says I love somebody
But its better if you don't know the rest
Oh I'm having an alienated autopsy
Diddly dum,
And its high time that I went home
Diddly doom
If you cut me one more time
Yes it would be a crime
I think you better put me back inside
My tomb

No comments:

Post a Comment