Poetry

Saturday 10 August 2019

The lines

The lines were drawn but crossed
And I paid to my great cost
For in the face of a ghost
I wanted to hang on to her who I lost

I made it personal when it should have
Been business
Made it a rehearsal when life is always
An essence
I made it a sugar coated pill to swallow
But I wasn't prepared for the sickness
To follow

I should have been sure that I could pass over
But I painted my door with a four leafed clover
And left it all up to chance
Oh but that I blame on the summer's
Aroma of romance

Heady with flowers' scent and honey
I fly busy as a bee spending my money
Not thinking on what has just been
But only on all the attractive things I've seen

But that was a day of the past
How come all these good things
Don't last?





No comments:

Post a Comment