Poetry

Thursday 14 February 2019

Not my cuppa tea

Oh Hungarians when will you learn to drink tea?
It is not that it is an Englishman's right
Its just not the tea for me

I find it quite crass
To serve tea in a glass
And to leave it to steep in the water
The fact that I say
Should give much away
Like a father does so for his daughter

It is not that it is an Englishman's property
But I must confess
That we know the best
And you should not trespass
On its simplicity

First in goes the teabag
(if it must be made in a cup I might add)
Then add the water, at the point of boiling
Now wait for it to brew
Like an arrow it is true
If you rush in then you
Will experience more unpleasantness after

Once its reached a suitable hue
Like the feeling of amber
Or a Polynesian dew
It should be as much felt as seen

Then add the milk
No sooner no later
And certainly not before the tea bag
That is a sin as bad
As mixing up silk
With the skin of a gator
And gives the worse tea ever had

Follow these steps and be sure
Of a nice cuppa tea not a chore
But a pleasure, so be glad
Of this advice that you've had
So please follow it and do not ignore

No comments:

Post a Comment