Poetry

Wednesday 11 November 2020

The light is on

 She is out there living it large

Painting the town pink

Downing some drinks

Before hitting the road

They are all fired up

Each other they goad

But she's not the same

Although I think I can claim

Felt she was a more sensitive soul

Well I can cajole

And keep on parole

Her flame

But I wouldn't wish to

Be

The dark wizard in his tower

Casting magic spells

To control her

I am no bar roller


They are out in the city streets

Where the light meets

The pavement in excitement

And rain puddles splash under feet

And voices go crashing like

waves in the deep

Somewhere out there

As I am somewhere in here

In my room

Though it is no great gloom

It is a lighthouse of news

That shines on and off

As the world's news is like doom

There is some hope at the end of the tunnel

Some flash of light

I can catch in my funnel

Like a spider

Like a web through out the house

With little bells that tinkle

Jingle and jangle

When she walks back in

And my light goes on

In the loft

And her care is so soft

But tough

And I haven't had enough

yet of love

No comments:

Post a Comment