Poetry

Sunday 26 August 2018

Bone Kissing

I didn't want to turn back
Didn't want to face the storm
That I knew would turn me black

Didn't know that I was torn
Like a rending thunder
Shaken to the very core
Of my foundations laying under

I never got used to your face
Never could learn to trace
The outline of your cheek
Nor to draw the breath you took
Just before you speak

I never learned to call you mine
Never learned to drink the wine
Never knew what a fine line
I had had to walk

And now we do not talk

I chose to come here
I chose to stay
I chose that some year
I would fly away

But the swallows return each Summer or Spring
Are they the same ones
Who left on the wing
Is it the same prayer
I can hear
The choir sing?
As their voices rise into the skies
Of a horizon forever setting

She plays the cello
On her own stage
Keeping back the fellow deer
Like a do rey me so far te da
Like a guardian of her age

She guards the garden
She turns on the hose
She turns over the earth that hardens
around the Summer rose

She is like a starling
Singing in a flock
Away arise, the may fly flies
Dragon fly alights upon a rock

Sweet streams and rivulets
Stun the lady Juliet
From her reverie of regret
In too many long walks

Suddenly the walls
Are trembling from the thunder
Suddenly all she knows falls
And is cast asunder

That the one strike fell
Like a hammer on a bell
Rung out the good
Rung in the bad
Wrung the clothes on the line
Wrung the water into wine

One fine day when I look back
It will not seem so blue
Just the Sun fading into black
Before from behind the clouds
It appears a new

No comments:

Post a Comment