Poetry

Friday 30 March 2018

This kind of love


I don't believe in this kind of love
The kind that starts with a kiss
You are like a blue bottled fly
Buzzing around in a bottle of piss

I don't believe in organized religion
Nor the voice’s call from above
What if I did? I would fall into Oblivion
No, I don't believe in this kind of love

I don't have hours to waste in the bedroom
To spend on the desk or the ironing board
I don't have days to paste in your gloom
Or to paint white varnish over vampire hoards

I am a sick man of heaven
I am pirate of certain death
I have eleven tigers in the basement
And they are all raging holding their breath

I am a giant of Germanic literature
Fooling my guardian angel in step
She is a giant of cemetery censure
She will not allow me to see my own death

There are two fuses broken in the basement
One is the love of everything ordinary
The other is ordinance of every kind of love
And if you leave me I will fix the circuitry
But that still won't light up all of heaven above

I am a sick man full of pestilence and war
I hold in my hands the keys to the poor
I have locked them from riches and gold
I'm sorry they never told me the time to let go

I have a fire truck spitting its fire
I have a lake full of burning desire
I walk right through it, even on the water
Just to get a glimpse of Moses' daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment