Poetry

Monday 8 April 2024

Thor the post modern

 And we hit the posts in and we made them sing

And the rubber hammer was like a tuning fork thing

It tuned into all the Gods in the clouds above

And Thor came down to hit the posts in for us


With each thunderbolt

He electrified the fences

And then he swore at all the posts

But they never once took offences


Thor was a most willing volunteer that day

When the rain came down on the Strawberry Line

And we all began to pray


"Thor just get us out of here!"

"Thor just finish the job!"

And Thor came down and brought his tools

For Thor's that kind of God


I wish I'd known him better

Maybe asked for his autograph perhaps

But hey I'm just a man of letters

And he's a man of action 'n' thunderclaps


There stands another post driven into the ground

Hark you can hear the hammer ring another pound


I lost sight of him just around 4 o'clock in the afternoon

The rain was falling heavily, total eclipse of sun and moon

But then I saw him going down over the hill like the sun

He sure was a son of Shepton Mallet

And if he wasn't, then I'd be a son of a gun

No comments:

Post a Comment