Poetry

Saturday 4 July 2020

Snag-Life

Snag-Life, I just snag my life away
Everytime I think of stopping
That snagging feeling stays
And if I think about tomorrow
I know I'll be snagging just like today
Its a snagging sorrow, in March, April or May

Snagging through the Winter, on Spring and Summer days
Snaggin in the Autumn, in those dying auburn rays
And if I think of stopping,
That snagging feeling stays
Well that's Snag-Life

Snag-Life that's about the size of it
I've got wood chip down my collar
And White paint in my spit
If I had a dollar for every snag I made
Well I would be a millionaire
And I would sit upon a throne of gold
And not on this rickety old chair
But I am just a snagger, just a beggar laid bare
You try and stop me snagging
When I got soot dust in my hair
That's my Snag-life

Well I've got blue paint on my ear lobe
White paint up my nose
I'm sending out my snagging message
All around the globe
Snagging in the doorways, snagging round the rose
Snagging in the garden, on the roof top on tip toes
And everytime I think of stopping
That snagging feeling grows
That's my Snag-life

Well my finger nails are like black plumbs
From all the hammer blows
My snagging feeling lingers on
Like a love loss only knows
And I must be wicked because no rest ever slows
Me down in the thick of it
Until my brows are furrows
And I try to plough through the worry
But like flurries of snow
The snags they just snow ball me
Black and blue like the crows
And you can read all about it
In my Snag-Rag
I publish it on Tuesdays
When I talk of my Snag-drag
And it comes out on Sundays
When I blow my nose
Black and White between the lines
Where nobody ever goes
Now yes sir
That's Snag-Life

No comments:

Post a Comment