Poetry

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Hand to I

I’ve tried to search for something more
But found something less
What ‘s worst the thing I lost
Was the thing I loved the best

On distant shore in Foreign land
I plied my skill and trade
But in each article crafted by my hand
Was the mark my creator made

As if a face in a mirror
Its visage haunts me still
And in its passing words, the manufacture
Of His mighty skill

It’s what I hoped for yes
It’s what my heart desired
But in the breaking of the mould, I guess
A new form of life was fired

Can the time that’s gone be had,
Again, any more than yesterday?
For what we thought was Good or Bad
Seems to change by the New light of Day

What I once thought Golden
Was only a beach of yellow sand
Just a beauty that in my eye was beholden
Yet crafted by his hand

And as such is all more temporary
For the passing of the day
Will wash like the sea
All signs in the sand of the children who there did play

Can I think it right?
Neigh, might I think it pays
To weigh rainbows with colours bright
Which in the painter’s palette lays?

Will the hand that writes
Be the hand that stays
For what is it than to put black pen to white

And hasten the Judgement day

No comments:

Post a Comment