Poetry

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Somethings, sometimes

I came to the last place of darkness and light
And saw in the last face that look of delight
As if a crimson flower, opening
As a blood vein full of life
When I came to the last place of darkness and light

I ran in the last race
The race that ran through the night
The madness of a fickle grace
That lets some win, others lose outright
By the time of daylight
The loser had won, the winner lost his fight
When I ran in the last race
That ran through the night

I pulled out of the mouth a wisdom tooth
In truth, it was proof of lost wisdom forsooth
For the fools mouth is full
His words over spilling
His teeth like a bad day
Kept needing filling
But the mouth of the wise
Is often closed shut
Though his eyes are wide open
To make the Editor's cut
So I pulled out the wisdom tooth
And found myself wise
But was it a tooth for a tooth
Or my eyes for their eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment