Poetry

Tuesday 20 August 2024

The game

 Is it all just a game?

Just a game we are playing

Oh I wonder if you feel the same

It's just a game to me and you


Sometimes I feel shame

In the game we are playing

Sometimes I feel the pain

When I get hurt

Sometimes I take the blame

For the game we are playing

It's all just a game

Only a game, love's its name


You deal your hand

Queen of hearts

Am I Ace of spades?

I fall apart

Dig myself into an early grave

But I know my turn will come again

In the game we are playing

For love is like a year

Always turning, always changing


Sometimes love will grow

Like a garden for a showing

Sometimes love goes slow

Like an oak tree growing

But it's all just a game

Just a game oh love is growing

Like a willow it sometimes weeps

Like an aspen sometimes trembling

Sometimes love falls a sleep

On the wing a swallow resembling

But it turns, turns again

Like in the spring when they're returning

But it's all just a game

Yes love's a game we both are knowing

So do you or don't you feel the same

When I see in your eyes it's showing

No comments:

Post a Comment