Poetry

Tuesday 25 June 2024

Believe it or not

 He's the Robinhood

With his band of Merry Men

All Working in the wood

And as I write my pen


A felling they go like Jacks

Fighting Giants that them surround

In their Castle towers

With horse and fox and hound


Farther off is Maid Marianne

She's tied to a railway track

And her bold Prince Charming

Is racing to save her, breaking his back


Nearby is the Sheriff of Nottingham

They've been fighting him off, still

But he won't let them across his land

Not until they settle his bill


But a toll road is not quite what they had

In mind

So they'll levy a tax upon the rich

To give back to the poor in kind


Oh we're living in a fairy tale

It's a land of make believe

That all this stuff could be made up

You better hope Merlin's got 

Something up his sleeve


And King Arthur is riding tonight

With the goats and the Fairies of Neve

Because it's time to vote folks

Between the mirror and smokes

It's the Election of Midsummer's Eve


Oberon is winning in Hungary

Puck is Warlord I believe

Ariel has got her hair stuck in the drier

And is blowing hot air over Steve


The Astronomers would not believe it

For they had stars in their eyes

And could you  Adam and Eve it

When God heard that Jesus had died


Everyone wept in their tombs

Everyone even sad I

Eye had tears in his bed

But it was better than stick in his eye


Fly, fly went the moon

Fly went the moon in the sky

Honey I think I shrunk the moon

When I turned the telescope on the sly


Not much could be seen of the drunk sun in the sky

The summer already had stunk like a skunk after it'd died

So I banged my head and went to bed

And hoped it was a just a big fat lie


No comments:

Post a Comment