Poetry

Thursday 28 December 2017

Love in the river

I was walking in the wasteland of a certain kind of desire
Just talking with a face and thinking of a fire
I was moving with a grace and I walked a tight rope wire
Excluding the other place so I stand and sing with the choir

It was hard to find the words, just when they did not come
It was hard to reach beyond the place
That's hid behind the sun
In winter time the ice sheets fall like plates of glass
And armour up the cold sold streets
While the wind does pass

I have to let it go
I have to let it pass
The seasons and the snow
The face behind the glass

I have to say "You know"
And "this is how it was"
I have let the wild wind blow
And carry me through the pass

I am standing in a river
I am falling through a stream
Like a lover or a giver
In a most fantastic dream

No comments:

Post a Comment