Poetry

Thursday 28 December 2017

Beer gut

All of every kind,
The silence of the moon
The howling stars
And biting wind
The barking trees boom

A boulder the size of mars fills my living room
Leaves me feeling all the scars
From a life in the space age doom

Coming from a yielding country
To a likewise yielding dream
The gelding of a course of white horses
Bolted down the stream
And each Gnome who guarded
A quiet garden gate
Leaves his post for the ghost
Of a memory of love or hate

I have seen a million salmon swimming up a stream
And even fished upon the banks
of the river out of Eden
But who is there can tell me
Which way the river does flow?
When its too sour to taste, to bitter to remember now.

I cornered into the encounter with all the grace of an ox
The china shop was waiting for me to drop the box
But I could not let it go
I could not let it shatter
I was more than I did know
That it did not even matter

The carpenter was full of words
He was carving out a coffin
For all of them who spilled their words
In the act of coughin'
And even if she knew now
Somehow better than before
I remember what she said
Before every open door

No comments:

Post a Comment